Chapter 5. Amplification
Chapter 5 teaches you how to take as much advantage as possible of your new digital collection and market it the right way.
Get your collection in front of the eyes of your target audience
You’ve put all the hard work into producing digital assets, uploading them into a beautifully crafted digital showroom, and creating a foolproof launch plan that will really resonate with the people that matter to your brand. With the fashion, luxury, and beauty industries being extremely fast-paced, it can be easy for brands to immediately move to the next project after their launch date, without taking full advantage of the showroom they have created. In this section, we look further into how you can utilize your assets, amplify your collections, and gain more from your launch.
Networking has, and always will be a key component of success in the fashion industry, so it is important you utilize your entire list of contacts to get your collection seen by as many people as possible. One of the best ways to do this as well as reach more people is by signing up for a free account with GPS Radar.
How to use GPS Radar to connect with over 50,000 press and industry members in 150+ countries
GPS Radar is a highly curated, private fashion community where brands, media, and retailers are able to connect seamlessly to share noteworthy news, events, and opportunities in a tailored, dashboard environment.
What can you do in GPS Radar as a brand?
- Publish your latest collections, styles, runway images and press releases for exposure to the community.
- Allow media professionals to choose looks from your collection and add them to a personalized moodboard.
- Create event listings to allow media or other industry insiders to request an invitation.
- Give media professionals and stylists the possibility to request samples of your collection for editorial shoots.
How can you join GPS Radar?
Sign up for an account on gpsradar.com:
- Choose Brand/Agency as your account type.
- Enter your professional details or connect directly using LinkedIn.
- You will be notified if your account has been approved.
Once your account is approved, you will be able to create a brand profile:
- First, fill in your essential brand information.
- Enrich your brand profile by adding contact information, logo, cover image, social handles, and bio.
- Lastly, submit for approval.
How can you use GPS Radar to amplify an existing collection?
Using GPS Radar you can inform members about upcoming launches and events by adding press releases to your profile.
- In the Feed section, click on the “Release” tab.
- Select the type of release you would like to publish.
- Add the full text of your press release as well as an image, or upload a PDF document / include a link to your online press release.
- Publish to GPS Radar. GPS Radar members will be able to download the press release in PDF or access the link from your profile, in addition to sending you a message through the tool itself in case they need extended information or any request.
Within GPS Radar, you also have the option to upload your collections and share or join industry events. To learn more about how to use it, you can visit our worksheet, here.
Leveraging KOLs to market your digital collection
Another way to amplify your collections is by utilizing the extended networks of external Voices, such as Influencers and Celebrities. Whether you use a platform, an agency, or your internal team to source influencers, its key to keep in mind the best practices when reaching out.
1. The first thing to do is decide exactly which influencer or group of influencers matches your new collection in terms of their feed or video aesthetic, their brand messaging, and their audience demographics. The best way to reach your target audience is by finding out who exactly they follow, and who influences their purchasing decisions.
2. Reach out with enough time to spare. A lot of influencers have campaigns planned quite far in advance, so you want to be organized when reaching out with a proposal. Don’t send a message to your ideal partner a week before your collection launches, make sure to allow for plenty of time for them to prepare, to increase the likelihood of them working with you on the campaign.
3. Be clear and concise about the content and products you want them to promote. If you have specific aspects of your new collection or details you want them to mention, ensure to provide these in the initial brief, as well as any and all deliverables you expect from them.
4. Operate a consistent stream of communication. Stay in touch so that you can turn over any revisions as quickly as possible, or answer any queries they may have about the direction of the content they are making.
Using a platform such as Style Coalition is a great option if you aren’t sure where to start, and want to take the hard work out of influencer networking. The platform itself has over 20,000 content creators, which the team can match to your campaigns, parameters, and ideal influencer stats. You can also keep an eye on how your campaign is performing, whether or not your partners have published their content, as well as key metrics that give you more data insights into their audience.