Covid-19 has changed the fashion industry, embracing enormous challenges within and outside of the system. With many supply chains thrown off-kilter and consumption on careful hold, experts say that the crisis of the industry is not only inevitable but also a chance for a new chapter.
We connected with Stephan Rabimov to better understand the current and future dynamics informing the industry today. Rabimov is a seasoned public relations and fashion media professional with experience as a contributing editor at Forbes, L’Officiel, The Huffington Post, and dozens of other publications. As an award-winning fashion journalist, Rabimov extensively covered emerging fashion capitals for the past 10 years: Moscow, Astana, Tbilisi, Budapest and Istanbul, among others. In 2015, he became a director of the fashion journalism program at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco, where Rabimov launched the nation’s first academic Social Media Center, with Silicon Valley partners like Reddit, Flipboard, and Tumblr. He currently devotes his time to fashion consultancy.
In this episode of #FashionTalks we will answer the following:
- What are the key issues and challenges the industry is facing in these unprecedented times?
- How are brands adapting to the new normal – using new strategies and creative solutions?
- What are emerging trends the industry should pay attention to?
- What is the future of fashion journalism with the changing role of gatekeepers and the influence of virtual models?
- How can a fashion brand sustain its business in these times of uncertainty and unpredictable market development, and still connect and resonate with consumers?
To learn about how the fashion industry is responding to the current challenges, read our latest report Industry Snapshot & Benchmark Analysis – Approaching The New Normal : Key Learnings From The UK And Nordic Fashion Industries.